Sunday, November 9, 2014

What's a Director of Children's Ministry?!

I have to say, I ask myself that alllll the time... When I'm rushing to plan a zillion different things at church, plus teach full time in a public school, PLUS plan my wedding, I'm wondering what on earth I was thinking to take on the position of director of children's ministry at the church where I grew up. While my job at church should have just a few responsibilities - Sunday School, Connect (our 5th and 6th grade Sunday night program), Vacation Bible School, and monthly family fellowship events - it seems like every week there is something new on my desk or some request in my inbox that adds to my ever present list of Things to Do!

But then I get a chance to lead the opening in Sunday School, and see the excitement on the kids' faces to learn about parables.. Or we have a FANTASTIC response to Trunk or Treat, and get families from all over the community into our church... Or really, any moment where I'm seeing the kids experience God through the lessons and projects that I've planned for them, I know that this is absolutely the most rewarding job out there.

I'm excited to start this blog to share about the crazy, ridiculous kids at my church and the crazy, ridiculous things we do with them in Sunday School, Sunday night youth group, and Wednesday night family fellowship events. Stop by and have a look around!

No comments:

Post a Comment