Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Christmas Teacher Appreciation

I absolutely LOVE all of my Sunday school teachers- Seriously. Where would we be without them?? I cannot even. 
So, in order to attempt to demonstrate the depths of my gratitude for them, I spent some serious time this week making up some holiday presents. Here's what I ended up with:

There's all 9 of them!

Each teacher got a mug filled with hot cocoa mix, mini marshmallows, and
3 cake pops. I made them all over 2 days - one day to assemble the mugs, and then the other (muuuuuuch longer!) day I make the cake pops.

For the mugs, you need:
A mug (I got 9 super cute ones for $2 each at Family Dollar!)
1 1/2 cup of hot cocoa mix
A scoop of mini marshmallows
Clear cookie bag
Red ribbon
Tags (you can borrow mine here!)

I placed the bag into the mug, then filled it up with hot cocoa. I found that some mugs needed a little more or less cocoa powder because of their size or shape. You need to make sure it's a pretty dense layer so the cake pops won't fall over.
Add a scoop of mini marshmallows to the top- I filled until they just showed over the rim of the mug.

Tie the bag up with ribbon and attach a tag!


Easy, right?
Well, I wanted to make sure my teachers really felt the love- so I decided to go a step farther and add in cake pops. Do I regret this decision? Not entirely... But it definitely made the process 100x harder, longer, and more frustrating! On the other hand though, they looked REALLY cool and the teachers loved them.

I could attempt to teach you how to make cake pops... Or I could send you to Bakerella's site, which is way more helpful! One thing I will suggest: Read the directions. Seriously. We wasted a loooot of time and patience because we skipped steps!

We made each teacher a tree, reindeer, and snowman.



Needless to say, some turned out better than others... But all were greatly appreciated!

Stick the cake pops into the cocoa powder and there you have it!


Happy holidays!




No comments:

Post a Comment